Sunday, January 31, 2016

Well this past weekend we once again headed north to Houghton Lake for the second weekend of Tip Up Town. This weekend wasn't so much about fishing but just spending some time with the kids, having some fun and enjoying the festivities.

We couldn't leave until after my son's basketball game on Saturday morning so we didn't get to Houghton Lake until afternoon, just in time to catch the Polar Bear Dip!! We spent the afternoon checking out the carnival, rides and other activities going on.

We did spend a little time fishing late in the afternoon but no luck. You can see there is a lot of empty spots still on board for the fishing contest.










Here's a quick video of my daughter and I on a ride.



 


And lastly a reminder to be safe on the ice, this truck fell through Saturday evening. 


4 comments:

  1. I have never really been much on fishing. I did go ice fishing once up in Canada and it was fun however a little on the chilly side. I also enjoy just being outside enjoying the weather that we have been getting. You never know what the next day will be like! Oh no that is never good that the truck fell in. Hopefully it wasn't yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're with your kids, fishing isn't just about catching fish but teaching them about fishing and the outdoors. I like how you give them an experience to remember and allow them to have fun and don't push them to enjoy something you think they should. It's a great thing to be able to share something with your kids and that they will remember when they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great time! I love ice fishing but haven't been in a long time. Really sucks for the guy who's truck went into the lake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its been a while since ive been ice fishing but that sounds like a really fun time and to whoever had their truck fall through, that really sucks.

    ReplyDelete