Well the bitter cold temps this past weekend combined with the wind kept us off the ice but did not keep us indoors. The 7th Annual Crystal Lake Winter-fest in Crystal Michigan was going on and is always a good time. The festival happens each winter during the Michigan DNR free fishing weekend. Activities include a fishing derby, vintage snowmobile show, chili cook off, polar bear plunge, and several other family friendly events. Its a great way to get out of the house and celebrate Central Michigan's Out of Doors.
With all of the activities the outdoors has to offer, the DNR helps to promote participation with free fishing and with that, other events take advantage of this and create a great experience for everyone to enjoy. I hope that events like this continue to happen and new one to emerge.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time! Also, I want one of those T-rex costumes. I think it would be hilarious to walk around town in one.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time! Also, I want one of those T-rex costumes. I think it would be hilarious to walk around town in one.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a blast! i have done a couple polar plunges around Michigan, and I hear the snowmobile races are very interesting to see.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a blast! i have done a couple polar plunges around Michigan, and I hear the snowmobile races are very interesting to see.
ReplyDelete